Apple unveiled its new Mac Pro with a completely different design at Apple's WWDC 2019, where Apple showcased this powerful Mac machine ever. And finally, it arrived.
The new Mac Pro 2019 features a "Cheesegrater" look stainless-steel frame that abandons the cylindrical "Bin" look we've seen in the 2013 model in favor of a more conventional tower chassis. This new model allows for modular upgrades having up to a 28-core Xeon processor, on top of 1.5TB of 6-channel ECC system memory, however, this spec is extremely high and you'll wonder what kind of tasks demanding you to get this upgrade.
The Mac Pro 2019 starts at USD5,999, but if you'll like the most powerful Mac machine, upgrade it and it’ll cost you USD52,599, making it the most expensive Mac machine ever made. We'll break down for you to know which spec you'll get this new Mac Pro with the USD52,599 price tag.
- Processor: a 28-Core, 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W with 28 cores, 56 threads, and Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz (a $7,000 add-on)
- RAM: 1.5TB of 2933MHz RAM, broken down into 12 128GB user-replaceable slots (a USD25,000 add-on)
- SSDs: 4TB of SSD storage, split across two 2TB SSDs (a $1,400 add-on. Apple notes that an 8TB option will be offered soon, meaning that you’ll be able to spend even more here in the future.
- GPU: two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics card modules, each with two GPUs inside for a total of four graphics cards, each with 32GB of dedicated RAM per GPU (a USD10,800 add on)
- Afterburner accelerator card (USD2,000)
- Wheels for the Mac Pro (USD400)
- Keyboard and Magic Mouse (included at no extra cost in an exclusive silver / black color scheme that’s unique to buyers of the Mac Pro)
- Magic Trackpad: it’s sold separately, but it’s also in a silver or black color scheme (for an extra USD50)
USD5,999 Base model
- Processor: 3.5GHz 8‑core Intel Xeon W processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz
- RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) of DDR4 ECC memory
- SSDs: 256GB SSD storage
- GPU: Radeon Pro 580X with 8GB of GDDR5 memory and 32GB of dedicated RAM
- Stainless steel frame with feet
- Keyboard and Magic Mouse
What you get above is just for a tower, optionally, you cost more than USD4,999 for Apple Pro Display XDR as its start price. You can choose another option for fancier matte "nano-texture" glass costing USD5,999, yet you can't stop here. You're just going to have to pay $999 for its Pro Stand (sold separately), making the screen totally costs USD6,998.
Due to Each AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo GPU unit can support up to four Pro Display XDR panels, you can also purchase more to set up your ultimate Mac Pro.
Let's say sincerely, the top-spec Mac Pro costs a car price tag. So what? Ordering recently-announced Cybertruck and a base model of Mac Pro 2019 may be the best choice. But it depends on you. You can spend what you want and you'll get a Mac Pro set up according to your thrown money.