Sony's mobile sales have been shrink due to continued poor sales performance, merging the division into the electronics division as a result since the new CEO came to replace Mr. Kaz Hirai.
Not long ago, Sony's mobile website has also been retired by redirecting to Sony.com after a year of division merge.
Last year, Sony brought its smartphone by refreshing the new names with Xperia and number to show the device identities. There was Xperia 1, Xperia 5 as the flagship devices, and Xperia 10 as a midrange in the row.
To avoid the widespread of Covid-19, Sony has announced its new smartphone lineups recently this month with no attendance of audiences by the online streaming presentation.
Except for the update of Xperia 5, Sony Xperia 1 and Xperia 10 have their successors by naming with Sony's camera division's naming logics as Xperia 1 II and Xperia 10 II.
Coming along with the better result Q4 last year, Sony attempted again with their mark II lineups and its result is to become a smartphone that gets the most Daily Interest Hits shown by GSMArena. While Sony Xperia 1 II becomes the most among the other 10 smartphones, Xperia 10 II also hits the daily interest in this top ten.
The result gives new hope to Sony mobile for expecting better sales in 2020. As we've known, Sony Xperia 1 II will be available this spring in the US, however, it hasn't mentioned its actual release. Due to spring will be started from March to May, we have just hoped that Sony could give us the hype to our hands soon at the early of spring, i.e in March.
We bring you again the Sony Xperia 1 II's specifications from the announcement here:
- Display: 6.5-inches 4K OLED CinemaWide 21:9 ratio display with 1644 by 3840 pixels
- Platform: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with 5G sub-6 connectivity, Android 10 OS
- Camera: 0.3 MP, TOF 3D and 3 main cameras setup with 12 MP, f/1.7, 24mm (wide), 1/1.7", Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 12 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), 1/3.4", 1.0µm, PDAF, 3x optical zoom, OIS and 12 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.55", Dual Pixel PDAF
- Memory: 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage with SD card upgradable
- Audio: Hi-res audio with both wired and wireless, front stereo speakers and including headphones jack
The Xperia 1 II has its new handsome look with a metal frame and glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 6. It comes with the bezel-less display 84% screen-to-body ratio without notch and punch-hole we've mostly seen in many new smartphones from different brands.